The Hutton Club
Welcome to The Hutton Club, the University of Edinburgh's seminar and discussion series for earth surface processes and physical geography.
Our speakers come from both Edinburgh and further afield. If you would be interested in coming to speak, or would like to meet one of our speakers prior to a talk, please get in touch.
Seminars are usually held on Fridays at 4pm in the Old Library, Institute of Geography, Drummond Street. All are welcome and free refreshments are provided!
We coordinate our seminars with the EEO-AGI seminar series where possible to provide a single seminar most Friday afternoons.
- 29 September 2017
Dr. Ken Mankoff, GEUS, Denmark An overview and internal view of subglacial hydrology
- 6 October 2017
Dr. Simon Cook, University of Dundee Glacier change and glacial lake outburst flood risk in the Bolivian Andes
- 27 October 2017 Rosie Russell, University of Edinburgh To err is human
- 10 November 2017 Dr Karsten Gohl, AWI, Germany Glacial history of West Antarctica: Newest results from the Amundsen Sea embayment
- 17 November 2017 Dr. Lauren Biermann, CEFAS
Barriers to/Opportunities for Earth Observation in government and environmental science (Joint with EEO)
- 24 November 2017 Prof. Mark Sutton, CEH Reactive nitrogen, the hidden godfather of environmental pollution
- 8 December 2017 Dr Becky Briant, Birbeck, University of London Development of sedimentary sequences during the last interglacial highstand
- 12 January 2018 Prof. Claudio Faccena, UniversitÓ Roma TRE Dusting for fingerprint of dynamic topography
- 19 January 2018
Dr. Georgina Bennett, UEA
- 26 January 2018 Dr. Karen Fontijn, University of Oxford title TBC
- 16 February 2018Dr. Richard Williams, University of Glasgow
- 9 March 2017
Dr. Thomas Croissant, University of Durham title TBC
Please contact Josh Williams or Boris Gailleton if you have a visitor who would like to give a talk during the coming autumn or next spring.